The Guelph Youth Music Centre (gymc.ca) is looking for an Administrative Assistant to commence work in (UPDATED) the Fall. This is a seasonal, full-time position. The ability to communicate in English is required. Reports to the Office Manager. Rate of Pay: $15/hr. @ 30 hours/week for a 9-week contract.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Scope of duties:
The administrative assistant will assist the office manager/facilities coordinator with facility operations and office administrative duties. Tasks will include:
• facility needs assessment and action
• rental scheduling and bookings
• data entry and reconciliation
• filing and inventory updating
• answering and directing enquires via email, by telephone and in person, and visitor reception
• event coordination
• From time to time, you may be called upon to assist with table and chair set-up and light maintenance
The admin assistant will support the work of the executive director (ED) with duties related to:
• marketing and social media promotion
• website review and information update
• creation and dissemination of media releases
• donor/sponsor relationship management
• Knowledge of Google Analytics, or other social media analytics, an asset
Guided directly by the ED, the assistant will:
• update GYMC Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts daily with new and relevant information and/or stories
• review GYMC website for inaccurate or outdated information and refer this information to our creative designer
• write letters of acknowledgement and thank you for all new donations and sponsorships
• write media releases for upcoming news, events and programming related to the GYMC
Please forward resume and cover letter to Valerie Langlois, Office Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail to 75 Cardigan Street, Guelph , ON N1G 3Z7.
If sending via email please add to email subject/RE: Summer Administrative Position/GYMC VL No phone enquiries please.
The GYMC thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This job is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs program.